Here are some thoughts I have. It’s okay to agree or disagree. These things are just based on observations and experiences. I also based in from my writings since I used to write my thoughts and prayers in a small notebook together with prayer intentions.

Although it would appear a bit demanding, I think being more personal and specific when praying is really helpful. For example, praying for a particular person, place, event, preventing some calamities to be destructive and so on. I remember myself this year praying daily that a volcano won’t have sudden catastrophic/destructive or hazardous eruption. That there will be no build up of magma below. It will have less volcanic activity. It will be more calm and peaceful. That there will be no heavy rains to cause the flow of lahar. That people in evacuation centers will be in better condition, with food and help from others and free from sickness.  From alert level 4 way back in December and almost 60,000 evacuees, warning level was gradually lowered to level 2 when it was March or April. There were some rain but it didn’t cause lahar. I think instead light rains in the area just washed away the ash or dirt around. Anyway, I base my specific prayers on the updates I find during evening news. Then, I think its the same for healing prayers. You can pray for specific people with some details of their disease, sickness or conditions. It was effective for three people I know.  Sometimes you can also pray for the result and just tell that it could happen in any way or method that is best. I used it when praying for rescue operation for the soccer team in another country. (of course it’s not only I who prayed) I also prayed for the people who stayed with me in a rehabilitation facility. All of us what to be healed and be discharged and live a normal life. Some of them were discharged before me and others were also able to go out after I went out.

It also helps if you are praying for a specific place or country, pray in their own language or dialect. I don’t know exactly why. Maybe because people can feel and hear and understand prayers in their own language and they can join you in praying. I found an Oratio Imperata in the dialect of the place which I was praying for and used that prayer. I still remember saying every night at the end of the prayer, Nuestra Señora de Salvacion, danay na ipamibi mo kami. Then I also found there are Apostles’ creed and other Catholic prayers in Korean. So it’s really nice that there are translations of prayers.

Latin prayers are also good. We have Credo ( Apostles’ creed.. I believe), Pater Noster (Our Father), Ave Maria (Hail Mary). Recently, I noticed we now use more Latin responses and songs like Deo Gratias (like Thank you God). Kyrie Eleison probably means have mercy. And now we maybe some our wondering that the Apostle’s Creed was changed. Recently, we use Nicene’s Creed. I still haven’t memorized it though. It’s a bit longer than Apostle’s Creed. You can find some sources from the Internet about the two prayers.

More people praying for a specific purpose is good. I taught some people in a facility to pray Oratio Imperata for deliverance from calamities early January. We continued to pray it daily. I’m not sure if they continued after I went out. Then a lot of people prayed for my friend who was sick last February. It was like a miracle that she survived her condition.

Songs are also prayers. Although I like a lot of songs I recently learned, one of the best is Come Holy Spirit.

Intercession of Mama Mary and the Saints are helpful. Novenas are also great. After going out of a rehabilitation facility, I learned that I cannot go back to my old job anymore since somebody already got my position. After a few days, I started the novena to St. Joseph for unemployed and underemployed. That month, I was contacted again to start a new project in the same institution where I used to work. I get a lot of offers for different projects even up to this month. After I finish one project, I will be transferred to another department. It seems that I don’t run out of work to do which I should be thankful for. I also received invitations from some companies which are related to my previous home based work that is teaching English online.

Another thing, when praying the Holy Rosary, you may state your intentions before each mystery. For example, what you are praying for. It’s also nice. I and my fellow students in the facility where we stayed prayed the Holy Rosary every evening.  We usually mention before each mystery our prayer requests.

Actually, there were a lot of mysteries that I have observed and experienced from May 2016 and from 2017 to early 2018. Maybe if I have time I’ll try to write more about them.